Thousands of individuals in the child welfare, mental health, education, juvenile justice and other “systems” have built upon their professional or parenting knowledge and skills to provide more effective community-based services built on Best Practice evidence and System of Care values.
Bookmark this page, or join our Mailing List to learn about upcoming professional development workshops to enhance practice through the West Virginia System of Care. Many of the trainings are offered free of charge, and provide continuing education units.
Several training modules are currently under development or being updated. Knowledge and competencies covered in WV System of Care training include the following topics (as online resources and/or live workshop schedules are completed in 2013, topics will appear below as hyperlinks):
- Cultural and Linguistic Competency
- Family Centered Practice
- Family & Youth Engagement Skills
- Trauma-Informed Services
- System of Care Overview
- (DSM) Psychiatric Diagnoses of Children & Adolescents
- Child & Adolescent Needs & Strengths (CANS) Assessment
- Comprehensive Assessment Planning System (WV-CAPS)
- Regional Clinical Review Process & Individual Reviewer Trainings