A Psychiatric Residential Treatment Facility is a long term secure facility designed to address the clinical needs of the youth.
Youth who are appropriate for this level of care may have the following behaviors:
- Refusal to follow directions and conform to structure of school, home or community
- Constant and frequently violent arguments with parents, siblings, teachers, etc.
- Severe level of self-injurious behaviors, risk taking
- Frequent suicidal actions or a history of multiple serious suicidal actions
- Daily fights at home, school or community
- Constant verbally aggressive and provocative language
- Frequent and severe property damage
- Frequent school suspensions and expulsions
- High risk for sexually victimizing others
- Probable involvement in the legal system
- History of elopements from facilities
- Issue may be related to the presence of a severe mental illness
- Supervision 24 hrs. a day
- Possible need for time out, seclusion or restraint
- Child is not motivated for treatment.
- Diagnosis is unknown or not clear
- Has a mental illness that is under control and the youth no longer needs to be an acute care facility
- Needs continued monitoring of medication to insure stabilization of symptoms is met
- Needs of highly intensive, clinically specialized therapies from trained individuals in problem areas (Substance abuse, sex offender, abuse reactive, etc.)
- Has failed other levels of treatment.
Hover cursor (desktop) or tap finger (mobile) over county to see program name(s)
|Program/Description||Location||Youth Demographics||Contact Information|
|Highland Hospital Bound For Success||Kanawha Co.||Males and Females|
IQ 70 and up
|River Park ROADS - Adolescent Co-Occuring Disorders Program||Cabell Co.||Males and Females|
|River Park-Roundtable Adolescent Sex Offender Program||Cabell Co.||Males |
|River Park-Barboursville School||Cabell Co.||Males and Females|
|River Park - Bridges||Cabell Co.||Males and Females|
IQ 70 and up